Payments and Cost
* The $200 application fee is applied to the total cost of the trip
- All expenses from the point of departure to the point of return are covered in the cost of the trip. All budgets are subject to change and include hotel stays, meals, medical insurance coverage, onsite transportation, sightseeing, and international airfare. Budgets do not include passports (if required), trip cancellation insurance, immunizations, luggage fees, souvenirs, and spending money. AYC Global trips do not include travel to and from the departure city. AYC North American trips do not include airfare to and from the host city.
- The amount of spending money you bring is entirely up to you.
- Be sure to check with your bank about international travel fees when using your debit/credit card.
Guidelines for Safer Travel
- Carry a minimal amount of cash. With the exception of souvenirs and any duty charges involved, your expenses are covered by the pre-paid cost of the trip.
- Carry cash in at least two different places. For example, half in an inside pocket of a jacket, and the other half in a wallet/purse.
- To avoid pickpockets, gentlemen store your wallet in your front pants pocket or inside jacket pocket. Ladies, store any cash in an inside zipped pocket of your purse. Crossbody purses are the safest. Choose a purse with a strap that will go across your body. Shoulder bags are the easiest for other people to steal.
- Credit cards are admissible. There are risks just like with cash. Keep credit card(s) in a safe protected place. Keep in mind, some remote areas of your travel will not accept credit cards.
AYC Refund Policy
- It is extremely important that you fully understand the AYC cancellation/refund policy prior to applying for a trip since it can be a large investment. In the event of trip cancellation, we will review the amount of money already expended for your involvement and refund as we are able. This is different for each trip. Prepaid expenses include, but are not limited to flight expense, hotel expense, prepaid meals, prepaid attractions, etc. AYC will work to recover funds expensed on your behalf as much as possible. However, it is suggested to purchase cancellation insurance to cover your investment of funds not able to be recovered. If you decide to cancel your participation, please note your application fee is nonrefundable. Unfortunately, we cannot make an exception for personal/family emergencies or illness. If you are interested in insuring against cancellation an additional policy can be purchased.
Updated November 2020