Payments and Cost
* The $200 application fee is applied to the total cost of the trip
- All expenses from the point of departure to the point of return are covered in the cost of the trip. All budgets are subject to change and include hotel stays, meals, medical insurance coverage, onsite transportation, sightseeing, and international airfare. Budgets do not include passports, Visas (if required), immunizations, luggage fees, souvenirs. AYC Global trips do not include travel to and from the departure city. AYC North American trips do not include airfare to the host city.
- You will want some spending money for the luggage fees, little “extras” and souvenirs. The amount you bring is entirely up to you.
- Be sure to check with your bank about international travel fees when using your debit/credit card.
Guidelines for Safer Travel
- Carry a minimal amount of cash. With the exception of souvenirs and any duty charges involved, your expenses are covered by the pre-paid cost of the trip.
- Carry cash in at least two different places. For example, half in an inside pocket of a jacket, and the other half in a wallet/purse.
- To avoid pickpockets, gentlemen store your wallet in your front pants pocket or inside jacket pocket. Ladies, store any cash in an inside zipped pocket of your purse. Crossbody purses are the safest. Choose a purse with a strap that will go across your body. Shoulder bags are the easiest for other people to steal.
- Credit cards are admissible. There are risks just like with cash. Keep credit card(s) in a safe protected place. Keep in mind, some remote areas of your travel will not accept credit cards.
AYC Refund Policy
AYC Cancellation/Refund Policy
It is extremely important that you fully understand the AYC cancellation/refund policy prior to applying for a trip since it can be a large investment. In the event that you need to cancel your trip involvement, we will review the amount of money already expensed for your involvement and refund as we are able. This is different for each trip. Prepaid expenses include, but are not limited to: flight expense, hotel expense, prepaid meals, prepaid attractions, etc. Please note that the application fee is nonrefundable no matter the timing on the cancellation. Unfortunately, we cannot make an exception for personal/family emergencies or illness.
Destination Dinner Night
A themed dinner at your local church and/or community. You can make an ethnic meal based on your AYC destination or just a local favorite. Take time to do a presentation on the specific destination. Make sure to share info about the country, missions field, and your burden to go on AYC. You will be surprised how many people will partner with you to fund your AYC trip.
Create a Mission Possible account. Mission Possible is an online fundraising platform uniquely designed to assist in saving for short-term mission work of the UPCI. Accounts can be started by or for a mission participant, and then shared for online gifting by friends, family, or any interested party. You can set up an MI account, have friends, family, and business supporters contribute to the account. www.missionpossibleupci.com
Write letters to your friends and family members and tell them you are headed to the missions field and need their help! Explain the details of the trip, why you want to go, how impacting it is, etc. Relatives and friends enjoy helping a loved one accomplish a goal!
Gifts: During the holiday season ask for donations to your AYC trip as your Christmas gift. You can also do this for your birthday gift as well.
Go to local businesses and ask if they would like to be featured on a discount card. Offer space off the back of a discount card (credit card size). Example: Sonic: buy one get one free sonic burger. Local pizza place may give 10% off large pizza. Create your discount cards from the offered discount or coupon. Make sure to get the discount/coupon in writing before creating the card. After completing the discount cards, sell them to the public. The only cost is creating the card!
Put a notice in your local church bulletin that you are looking for odd jobs to help fund your AYC trip-raking leaves, cleaning, babysitting, etc. When church members understand your need, they will come up with projects to help you on your way!
Arts & Crafts
Do you have a knack for making unique items? Create a mini-business and sell them to the local public, on Facebook, or at your local church. Previous AYCers have made scarves, headbands, boot cuffs, shoe racks, bird houses, etc. The sky is the limit.